Jul 28, 2016

Luggage or no luggage, that is the question

This summer, my daughter and I shall travel with only hand luggage. That will be a first, and I am intrigues to see how it works out.
I have travelled halfway around the world before, as a journalist, with only a big backpack containing all my clothes, Macbook, camera, chargers and necessities, but this time the princess will
also have to try it. She is a real sport, so I think we will be okay.


Well, we are aiming for Côte d´Azur, So I believe it will be easierthan at trip to Northern Russia. Don´t get me wrong, I love the people in Murmansk region, and Russians generally, but the chance of not having to bring more than shorts, t-shirts and short-sleeved shirts on a summer vacation, would not be big. I suspect pants would alson have to accompany the clothes. Not this summer. Since we are changing a lot of airplanes, the easiest thing to do, is to bring it all unto the airplane. And hello - it is Southern Europe!

I am traveling only with my hand luggage. No backpack extra. All I will have, will be in the hand luggage. When I was at secondary school, my teacher told us about a friend of his whom traveled to The Canary Islands in the spring time. He put on a shorts, a t-shirt, shoes, and socks. And his VISA-card. "Whatever else I need for a week, I will buy there", he said. Smart dude.


Well, being a small giant, I cannot do the same in the south of France, I believe. And certainly not in the land of the petite Italians! So, I have to bring a little extra, but still minimalistic.

Once my brother helped me move. He grabbed what seemed like an easy thing, my gym bag. What he did not know, was that it was full of books. I love books. "You should immerse yourself into minimalism", he said....
Well, maybe this is the first step in that direction, brother!

How far have you been traveling with only hand luggage?

No comments:

Post a Comment